- Down to the Short RowsPosted 14 hours ago
- Remember When: Creepy CrawliesPosted 14 hours ago
- Atlantic ChiropracticPosted 15 hours ago
- Second Annual Knight’s 5K Run a Great SuccessPosted 15 hours ago
- You’re Invited – Maysville May DayPosted 15 hours ago
- Come join us to Celebrate Easter at Smith Farm – April 19, 2014Posted 16 hours ago
- Infant of Prague Catholic Parish FamilyPosted 16 hours ago
- Bob Perks’ Inspirational ColumnPosted 5 days ago
- April Pet Deals from Onslow County Animal ServicesPosted 5 days ago
- April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals MonthPosted 5 days ago
Man drowns at Emerald Isle
EMERALD ISLE, NC, JUNE 13, 2013: Emerald Isle Police are reporting that a drowning victim was pulled from the water in the 8600 block of Ocean View Dr. at approx. 11:21 this morning. Police report that the victim was initially observed floating in the water by several witnesses and appeared to them as if he was snorkeling. After observing that the victim was being rolled in the surf and was not swimming or responding, witnesses went in and pulled him from the water. CPR was started immediately and Emerald Isle rescue units responded to the scene and transported the victim to Carteret General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the victim is not known at this time and no additional information is being released pending ID of the victim and notification of next of kin.