- Jacksonville Follies UpdatePosted 28 mins ago
- A New Night Club for Business Professionals: Mad HatterPosted 42 mins ago
- Budget Battles BeginPosted 43 mins ago
- Bob Perks’ Inspirational Column 4-23-14Posted 47 mins ago
- Harry the FibroidPosted 54 mins ago
- In Memoriam: Chaplain Steve SmithPosted 1 hour ago
- The 2nd Annual Jones Middle School Knight’s Run 5KPosted 1 hour ago
- Triune Holiness ChurchPosted 1 hour ago
- CCCC Column 4-23-14Posted 2 hours ago
- Down to the Short RowsPosted 7 days ago
Man drowns at Emerald Isle
EMERALD ISLE, NC, JUNE 13, 2013: Emerald Isle Police are reporting that a drowning victim was pulled from the water in the 8600 block of Ocean View Dr. at approx. 11:21 this morning. Police report that the victim was initially observed floating in the water by several witnesses and appeared to them as if he was snorkeling. After observing that the victim was being rolled in the surf and was not swimming or responding, witnesses went in and pulled him from the water. CPR was started immediately and Emerald Isle rescue units responded to the scene and transported the victim to Carteret General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the victim is not known at this time and no additional information is being released pending ID of the victim and notification of next of kin.