- On sale now!Posted 3 months ago
- TWO REPORTERS NEEDED!Posted 3 months ago
- ON SALE NOW!Posted 3 months ago
- Great Holiday Gifts for Current and Future College StudentsPosted 4 months ago
- TORNADO WARNING in Onslow, Jones and Duplin countiesPosted 4 months ago
- Swansboro Chamber Man of the Year insults local business womanPosted 4 months ago
- Great Holiday Gifts for People On-the-GoPosted 4 months ago
- Broadhurst Road BloodbathPosted 4 months ago
- Are You Getting Your Eyes Checked Often Enough?Posted 4 months ago
- Overwhelmed by Email? Tips to Get OrganizedPosted 4 months ago
Man drowns at Emerald Isle
EMERALD ISLE, NC, JUNE 13, 2013: Emerald Isle Police are reporting that a drowning victim was pulled from the water in the 8600 block of Ocean View Dr. at approx. 11:21 this morning. Police report that the victim was initially observed floating in the water by several witnesses and appeared to them as if he was snorkeling. After observing that the victim was being rolled in the surf and was not swimming or responding, witnesses went in and pulled him from the water. CPR was started immediately and Emerald Isle rescue units responded to the scene and transported the victim to Carteret General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the victim is not known at this time and no additional information is being released pending ID of the victim and notification of next of kin.